21/09/2016

Love birds - Scrap FX


Hi there! Long time no see! I had a wonderful creative weekend and it's taken some time to get back to everyday life. I'll write more and share my creations of Matka Luovuuteen a bit later, but today I share the first of two layouts done for Scrap FX using the flying themed collection. The first page has its fair share of birds and the second one has just feathers. Both pages are quite colorful this time, but in a different way. You can see the original post in Scrap FX blog here (link).


The first page is almost all in pinks. Well, the topic just cried out for pink! In the photo it's me with my gorgeous husband. The photo is taken in a tram stop while we were waiting for the tram to arrive this spring.

I mixed some old with the new in this page. The background is created using the "Jewelled Bird" stamp from the recent release but also "Heart Spangles" stamp and the "Botanical" stencil from older collections. The bird and the hearts are stamped with Distress Ink and the floral pattern of the stencil is traced with a white gel pen.

The birds from the "Tweety Bird Borders" and "Word Birds" decorate the page. The first are embossed with black embossing powder and the latter is painted with the same sparkling, shining acrylic paint I used to do the flicks to the background. Besides those birds there's still one, which I made using the smaller bird from the "Robin" stamp set by stamping the design to a piece of patterned paper and then cut it loose.

Mixed in the layers underneath the photo, there's also the "left over" part from the "Lots of Love" chipboard and attached to the background a piece of the "Vocational" transparency.

Thank you for stopping by today! I shall share the second page tomorrow!


Materials from Scrap FX:



Materials: Scrap FX, 7 Dots Studio, Wow Embossing Powder, Prima Marketing, Ranger, American Crafts, A Flair for Buttons

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...